BSI BS 709: AMD 8909: December 1995; AMD 9146: July 1996; AMD 9378: March 15, 1997
SDO: BSI: British Standards Institution
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
Object of tests, preparation and dimensions of test specimens, testing and reporting of results for tensile tests, macro-examination and tests for bend, nick break, fillet weld fracture, hardness across the welded joint, Charpy V notch impact, intercrystalline corrosion and fracture toughness.
- Welded joints
- Fusion welding
- Destructive testing
- Tensile testing
- Test specimens
- Specimen preparation
- Mechanical testing
- Test equipment
- Bend testing
- Splitting tests
- Visual inspection (testing)
- Hardness testing
- Charpy impact tests
- Corrosion tests
- Etch inspection
- Macroscopic examination
- Sample location
- Intergranular corrosion
- Crack-opening displacement tests
- Plane strain fracture toughness tests
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field