API RP 8B: Seventh Edition; Includes Addendum 1: 11/2003; Addendum 2: 4/2005; ISO 13534:2000 Adoption
SDO: API: American Petroleum Institute
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This International Standard gives guidelines and establishes requirements for inspection, maintenance, repair and remanufacture of items of hoisting equipment used in drilling and production operations, in order to maintain the serviceability of this equipment.
Items of drilling and production hoisting equipment covered by this International Standard are:
- crown-block sheaves and bearings;
- travelling blocks and hook blocks;
- block-to-hook adapters;
- connectors and link adapters;
- drilling hooks;
- tubing hooks and sucker-rod hooks;
- elevator links;
- casing elevators, tubing elevators, drill-pipe elevators and drill-collar elevators;
- sucker-rod elevators;
- rotary swivel-bail adapters;
- rotary swivels;
- power swivels;
- power subs;
- spiders, if capable of being used as elevators;
- dead-line tie-down/wireline anchors;
- drill-string motion compensators;
- kelly spinners, if capable of being used as hoisting equipment;
- riser-running tool components, if capable of being used as hoisting equipment;
- wellhead-running tool components, if capable of being used as hoisting equipment;
- safety clamps, capable of being used as hoisting equipment.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field