AASHTO T 134: Standard Method of Test for Moisture-Density Relations of Soil-Cement Mixtures
SDO: AASHTO: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
These methods of test are intended for determining the relation between moisture content and density of soil-cement mixtures when compacted before cement hydration as prescribed.
A 944-cm3 (1/30-ft3) mold and a 2.5-kg (5.5-lb) rammer dropped from a height of 305 mm (12 in.) are used and two methods, depending on soil gradation, are covered, as follows:
• Method A—Soil material passing a 4.75-mm (No. 4) sieve. This method shall be used when 100 percent of the soil sample passes the 4.75-mm (No. 4) sieve.
• Method B—Soil material passing a 19.0-mm (3/4-in.) sieve. This method shall be used when part of the soil sample is retained on the 4.75-mm (No. 4) sieve.
This test method applies to soil-cement mixtures that have 30 percent or less retained on the 19.0- mm (3/4-in.) sieve, when Method B is used. The material retained on these sieves shall be defined as oversized particles (coarse particles).
The following applies to all specified limits in this standard: For the purposes of determining conformance with these specifications, an observed value or a calculated value shall be rounded off "to the nearest unit" in the last right-hand place of figures used in expressing the limiting value, in accordance with ASTM E 29.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field