ASTM D4998: Standard Test Method for Evaluating Wear Characteristics of Tractor Hydraulic Fluids
SDO: ASTM: ASTM International
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This test method is used to screen lubricants for gear wear. It is primarily applicable to tractor hydraulic fluids but may be suitable for other applications.
The values stated in SI units are to be regarded as standard. No other units of measurement are included in this standard.
This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. Specific warning information is given in Sections 7 and 9.
*A Summary of Changes section appears at the end of this standard.
- wear and wear life of lubricants
- transmission fluid and gear oil
- petroleum and petroleum products
- hydraulic fluid
- gear systems
- anti-wear characteristics
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field