IPC 1066: Marking, Symbols and Labels for Identification of Lead-Free and Other Reportable Materials in Lead-Free Assemblies, Components and Devices
SDO: IPC: IPC-Association Connecting Electronics Industries
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This standard establishes the requirements for a distinctive symbol and labels to be used to identify materials that are lead-free (Pb-free) and are capable of providing Pb-free 2nd level interconnects, and for indicating certain types of Pb-free material and the maximum assembly temperature. It also establishes the requirements for labeling a bare board if the base resin is halogen free and the type of conformal coating used after assembly.
This standard shall apply to all electronic components including passives, connectors, solid-state components and other devices that use solder to attach the device/ component to the board or assembly.
This standard shall not apply to:
• Lead as an alloying element in steel containing up to 0.35% lead by weight, aluminum containing up to 0.4% lead by weight and as a copper alloy containing up to 4% lead by weight.
• Lead in electronic ceramic parts (e.g., piezoelectronic devices).
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field