IEC 61400-11: Edition 3.0
SDO: IEC: International Electrotechnical Commission
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This part of IEC 61400 presents measurement procedures that enable noise emissions of a wind turbine to be characterised. This involves using measurement methods appropriate to noise emission assessment at locations close to the machine, in order to avoid errors due to sound propagation, but far away enough to allow for the finite source size. The procedures described are different in some respects from those that would be adopted for noise assessment in community noise studies. They are intended to facilitate characterisation of wind turbine noise with respect to a range of wind speeds and directions. Standardisation of measurement procedures will also facilitate comparisons between different wind turbines.
The procedures present methodologies that will enable the noise emissions of a single wind turbine to be characterised in a consistent and accurate manner. These procedures include the following:
• location of acoustic measurement positions;
• requirements for the acquisition of acoustic, meteorological, and associated wind turbine operational data;
• analysis of the data obtained and the content for the data report; and
• definition of specific acoustic emission parameters, and associated descriptors which are used for making environmental assessments.
This International Standard is not restricted to wind turbines of a particular size or type. The procedures described in this standard allow for the thorough description of the noise emission from a wind turbine. A method for small wind turbines is described in Annex F.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field