API RP 19B: SECOND EDITION
SDO: API: American Petroleum Institute
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This Recommended Practice describes standard procedures for evaluating the performance of perforating equipment so that representations of this performance may be made to the industry under a standard practice. This document supersedes all previously issued editions of API RP 43.
Sections 1 – 4 of this Recommended Practice provides means for evaluating perforating systems (multiple shot) in 4 ways:
1. Performance under ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure test conditions.
2. Performance in stressed Berea sandstone targets (simulated wellbore pressure test conditions).
3. How performance may be changed after exposure to elevated temperature conditions.
4. Flow performance of a perforation under specific stressed test conditions.
Section 5 of this Recommended Practice provides a procedure to quantify the amount of debris that comes out of a perforating gun during detonation. The purpose of this Recommended Practice is to specify the materials and methods used to evaluate objectively the performance of perforating systems or perforators.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field