IEC 61360-1: Standard data elements types with associated classification scheme for electric items – Part 1: Definitions – Principles and methods
SDO: IEC: International Electrotechnical Commission
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This part of IEC 61360 provides a firm basis for the clear and unambiguous definition of characteristic properties (data element types) of all elements of electrotechnical systems from basic components to sub-assemblies and full systems. Although originally conceived in the context of providing a basis for the exchange of information on electric/electronic components, the principles and methods of this standard may be used in areas outside the original conception such as assemblies of components and electrotechnical systems and subsystems.
In addition, this standard provides for establishing a classification hierarchy and the allocation of applicable and relevant properties to each of the classes so established in order to describe fully the characteristics of objects belonging to that class.
Use of this standard facilitates the exchange of data describing electrotechnical systems through a defined structure for the information to be exchanged in a computer-sensible form. Each property to be exchanged will have an unambiguously defined meaning and consistent naming, where relevant a defined value list, a prescribed format and defined units of measure for all quantitative values. There is also provision for:
– control of changes to definitions of the properties through version and revision numbers;
– inclusion of notes and remarks to clarify and help in the application of the definitions;
– indication of the sources of definitions and value lists;
– associated figures and formulae.
NOTE IEC TCs and SCs, or other organizations may take this part of IEC 61360 as a basis for the development of their own dictionaries.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field