SAE ARD5700: Issues Associated With Development and Implementation of Vertical Flight Aircraft
SDO: SAE: SAE International
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
The scope of this document is quite broad and applies to STOL aircraft, commercial air transport or utility and/or military aircraft, and normal category helicopters, compound helicopters and powered lift vehicles (tiltrotors, tiltfans, tiltwings, etc).
The purpose of this document is to set forth the recommendations of SAE Committee G-10 Vertical Flight Subcommittee relative to the requirements for, design of, and implementation of vertical flight aircraft and associated systems into the National Airspace System. It is to provide a compilation of human factors issues relating to vertical flight systems. These recommendations are intended to be easily interpretable to foster discussion and research in the continuing effort to increase aircraft and crew performance, efficiency, safety and reducing factors detrimental to flight safety. In cases where conflicting opinions existed, suitable compromises were made.
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance (ADS)
- Cockpit Management Systems (CMS)
- Communications (COMM)
- Controls and Displays
- Crew Alerting System (CAS)
- Flight Director Panel (FDP)
- Flight Management System (FMS)
- Helmet Mounted Display (HMD)
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG)
- Primary Flight Display (PFD)
- Simultaneous and Non-Interfering (SNI)
- Standby Flight Display (SFD)
- Synoptic Systems Status/Control Displays (SYNOPTIC)
- Thrust Control Lever (TCL)
- Vertical Flight
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field