IEC 62019: Edition 1.1
SDO: IEC: International Electrotechnical Commission
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
Scope and object
This International Standard applies to auxiliary electromechanical contact units associated (or intended to be associated) with circuit-breakers for overcurrent protection, and with residual current operated circuit-breakers with or without integral overcurrent protection for household and similar installations, having a rated voltage not exceeding 440 V a.c. and 250 V d.c., and a rated current not exceeding 10 A.
NOTE 1 These requirements may also be used as guidance for auxiliary contacts units intended to be assembled with other switching devices for household and similar installations.
NOTE 2 It is recommended that the advice of the manufacturer be sought concerning any application with low level energy appliances (low level values of current and/or voltage.) For low-energy contacts, specific recommendations are given in IEC 60947-5-4.
The object of this standard is to state
a) the characteristics of the auxiliary contact units;
b) their electrical and mechanical requirements with respect to
1) the various duties to be performed;
2) the significance of the rated characteristics and of the markings;
3) the tests to verify the rated characteristics;
c) the functional requirements to be satisfied by the auxiliary contact units with respect to
1) environmental conditions, including those of enclosed equipment;
2) dielectric properties;
4) safety of use.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field