AGMA 9112-B14: Bores and Keyways for Flexible Couplings (Metric Series)
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This standard presents metric dimensions, tolerances, sizes and fits for straight bores, tapered bores, keys and keyways for unmounted industrial flexible couplings. The keys and keyways followed the recommendations of ISO R773:1969 and shaft tolerances followed ISO R775:1969. Shaft keyseat dimensions and tolerances were given in ISO R773:1969. This specification includes index tolerances for multiple keyways. Inspection methods for straight and tapered bores and keyways are included in the annexes.
The annexes also include the recommended design practice for tapered shafts for use with flexible couplings.
This standard is applicable to couplings as defined in ANSI/AGMA 9009-D02, Flexible Couplings - Nomenclature for Flexible Couplings, with metric bores and keyways.
This standard does not apply to:
- couplings attached to shafts without keys, see ANSI/AGMA 9103-B08;
- couplings attached to shafts with tapered bushings or keyless shaft locking devices;
- shafts and bores with tapered keys;
- inch bores with metric keyways;
- metric bores with inch keyways;
- metric bores with metric keyways; or
- shaft keyseat tolerances.
See ANSI/AGMA 9002-C14 for inch bores with inch keyways.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field