SEMI E47.1: MECHANICAL SPECIFICATION FOR FOUPS USED TO TRANSPORT AND STORE 300 mm WAFERS
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
This standard is intended to set an appropriate level of specification that places minimal limits on innovation while ensuring modularity and interchange-ability at all mechanical interfaces. Most of the requirements given in this specification are in the form of maximum or minimum dimensions with very few required surfaces. Only the physical interfaces (other than the door mechanism and kinematic couplings) for FOUPs are specified; no materials requirements or micro-contamination limits are given. The enclosure specified in this standard can be a sealed minienvironment, but it could also just be a box with well-defined interfaces.
The FOUP has the following components and sub-components:
• Required feature
- Optional feature
• top handling flange
• center hole on top handling flange
- 3 kinematic grooves on top handling flange (optional)
• cassette (with supports for 13 or 25 wafers)
• wafer capture mechanism
• end effector exclusion zone
- 2 side fork-lift flanges (optional)
- ergonomic manual handles (optional)
• holes for latch keys that lock the door to the FIMS interface when the door is unlatched from the FOUP
• holes for registration pins
• door presence sensing areas
• 4 bottom conveyor rails (with the bottom of the front seal zone acting as the fourth rail and the rear rail optional)
• 2 fork-lift pin holes
• 5 carrier sensing pads
• center retaining feature
• front retaining feature
• 4 info pads
• 2 advancing FOUP sensing pads
• 3 features that mate with kinematic coupling pins and provide a 10 mm lead in
- 3 features that mate with kinematic coupling pins and provide a 15 mm lead in (optional)
- front conveyor surface
- RFID tag placement volume
NOTICE: This standard does not purport to address safety issues, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the users of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory or other limitations prior to use.
This standard partially specifies the FOUPs used to transport and store 300 mm wafers in an IC manufacturing facility.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field