NASA NASA-LLIS-0939: Lessons Learned – MPL Uplink Loss Timer Software/Test Errors (1998)
SDO: NASA: NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
Prelaunch tests and verification of software and hardware used to switch to a redundant string should include assumed failures in either string during all mission phases. MPL did not verify the ability of the Lander to switch to the redundant uplink string after landing assuming a failure in the primary string had occurred during earlier entry, descent and landing phases. Recognize that transitions to another mission phase are high-risk sequences and that database changes that impact logic decisions should be retested.
- Fault Tolerance
- Redundancy Verification
- Software Test
- System Integration and Test
- Test Planning
- Flight Equipment
- Policy & Planning
- Risk Management/Assessment
- Safety & Mission Assurance
- Test & Verification
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field