ATIS 0800016: Version 2.0
SDO: ATIS: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions
DOD Adopted ANSI Approved Approved
The ATIS IIF has identified security solutions that utilize Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) operations and related certificates. The basis of trust for PKI operations is established by ATIS-0800015, Certificate Trust Hierarchy Interoperability Specification . To provide interoperability, it is desirable to have a consistent set of profiles based on a standard certificate format. This document specifies the default ATIS IIF certificate profiles and formats that can be used as part of the solution, which meets the following objectives:
1. To focus on interoperability solutions only.
2. To produce a common standard to be used by all elements of the ATIS IIF IPTV solutions that require PKI certificates.
3. To ensure that there are standard certificate formats that can serve for all elements in the ATIS IIF architecture requiring the use of PKI operations and certificates.
4. To ensure that certificate profiles are well defined.
5. To identify existing industry specifications that could be referenced and used by this standard.
The ATIS IIF has specified the use of public key cryptography for the purpose of authentication. Public key cryptography can be used to produce digital signatures that validate the source and integrity of data. To be secure, public keys must be bound in a trusted manner with the entities that own/use those keys. An industry standard mechanism for this type of trusted binding is the public key certificate.
This document defines the specifications for the interoperability of systems and components for the ATIS IIF IPTV solutions and specifically for the IPTV Security Solution (ISS) with respect to profiles of a standard PKI certificate format.
Buy this Standard Now
Or if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you purchase more than $3000 in standards per year?
- Do you purchase many different kinds of standards?
- Do you have multiple employees accessing the same standards?
You may save money by purchasing more comprehensive online access.
* Required field